Friday, June 20, 2008

Cleanest Town Competition

According to today's issue of free newspaper Kwana (20-26 June 2008), Durban has won a cleanest town competition held by the Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEAT). This has apparently caused an outcry from Desmond D'Sa, head of the South Durban Environmental Alliance, who said he doesn't think the town deserves the award. For myself, I see with my own eyes that Durban is hardly pristine and that the litter does pile into drifts quite often. Durban is not as bad as it could be but I shudder to think what the other towns are like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment is easy even you you do not have your own Blogger account. Just type your message including your name in the space below, select Anonymousunder Choose an Identity, type the funny letters into the space provided, and click Publish. You comment will only appear after I have checked it to see that it is not an advert.